Quotes that I Change Everytime I Make A New Blog

"I wanted to see Detroit win. I've been there. It's like God took a shit on a parking lot. They deserve some good news."

-shitmydadsays

Friday, February 11, 2011

Setting Priorities Straight

Today's most important news of the day! Michelle Obama rocks a $35 dress at a talk show. Oh and by the way, Hosni Mubarak resigned from office today. Thanks so much Yahoo for posting the most important stories first and then others later. Obviously, it's extremely vital for society to know that the First Lady wore a 35 dollar dress, but who cares if Egypt attained freedom? Really, that nation is just so full of themselves, rioting and protesting for eighteen days straight because they felt they didn't have enough "freedom". I applaud Yahoo or whoever the web designer is for the company to put Michelle Obama's article first.

In other news, I read an extremely enlightening article about America and health. You will never believe this fellow bloggers and citizens of various nations, but did you all know "Americans are fat and getting fatter by the year"? Yeah thanks, Sherlock; I wonder how you came to that conclusion. If Yahoo doesn't stop with the cliche articles of demotivating food articles and wrong placement of articles on the front page, something seriously virulent has happened to the writers and are being taken over by children.

Now, let's forget about news and politics because, let's think pragmatically here guys, I think it's dubious that the human race will end in 2012, so those matters don't even matter. What's more important, however, is the fact that a "This I Believe" essay was assigned about a week ago from my teacher, Miss Suzan Incomplete. Today, volunteers/ brave souls were called to recite their essay in front of the class. To lightly brief you readers, a "This I Believe" essay is a lesson or belief you have learned/ believed after a specific event. Before I briefly explain my story, I first must tell you an What I am about to tell you is on of my darkest secrets, and the anarchy of man kind would be simply horrendous to think of if it found out. I am afraid of one of the most terrifying beasts on earth. These creatures are known for being extremely hideous and harmful. Most of you may known these winged monsters as the "Butterfly". I won't go into details, but the story involves me being let down by life once again because the wretched creatures came at the WRONG DAMN moment. For the full essay, you can read it under "Other Pages" (look at the right bar, and find "The Day of Reckoning" under "Other Pages".
@*The Day Of Reckoning*

To finish this entry, I thought I might share a rather amazing stroke of genius by the Alabama government, something you usually don't see in this state. Their state government announced a yoga program would go on (as an "experiment") in William E Donaldson Correctional Facility. Now, remember, that this building consisted of "convicted killers, robbers and rapists", so you'd think that yoga would be soon discouraged by the prisoners. However, it worked out perfectly as Warden Gary Hetzel even said the yoga program known as Vipassana helped decrease the violence in the prison. Now, this is what I call an outstanding news story; hearing former "convicted killers, robbers and rapists" getting together to meditate and become more -as teenagers say- "chill". To prove that inmates actually enjoyed this, Convicted murderer Grady Bankhead said ""I've been here for 25 years and this statement is going to sound crazy, but I consider myself the luckiest man in the world." Now, that person has definitely turned a new leaf.

Thank you for reading. This has been your daily dose of a hint of congeniality.


RANDOM MOMENT-Oh, I also watched Mean Girls today for the first time in my life, so that was pretty interesting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment